Home » Boko Haram, Latest Politics, Nigerian Police » Boko Haram suspect’s escape latest: FG probes Ringim – Knows fate next week

Boko Haram suspect’s escape latest: FG probes Ringim – Knows fate next week

The Federal Government has constituted an investigative panel to look into
the circumstances surrounding the escape of Kabiru Sokoto, the mastermind of
last Christmas Day bomb blast at St. Theresa Catholic Church, Madalla, Niger
State.

According to Minister of Police Affairs, Navy Captain Caleb
Olubolade (retd), the committee, which was set up by the office of the National
Security Adviser, consists of senior officials from different arms of the
security agencies as well as officials of the Ministry of Police
Affairs.

Speaking to State House correspondents at the Presidential
Villa, Abuja, Olubolade said the committee, which has a mandate to investigate
and look into all explanations given by the Inspector General of Police, Hafiz
Ringim, on the matter, has one week to report its findings. Ringim’s fate would
be decided when the committee submits its report.

Asked what fate awaits
Ringim, the minister said: “Like I did say the other time, I have given some
directives. The Inspector General of Police has responded. A committee has been
set up above the police. Experts in various aspects will come together and
conduct another investigation; so that has been assembled and they have been set
to work. I think this is how far we have gone.”

Asked if he was satisfied
with the explanation given so far, he said: “Yes, one thing is to explain and
another thing is to look at the content of those explanations; that assignment
will be done by the investigation panel set up by the National Security Adviser.
I am not a member of the committee.
“I have to tell Nigerians that since an
investigative panel has been set up, they should be patient and allow them do
their job. A time line has been given to them and at the end of that, something
will come out; so we should not preempt the committee.”

-Sun

Short URL: http://newnigerianpolitics.com/?p=16992

Posted by on Jan 21 2012. Filed under Boko Haram, Latest Politics, Nigerian Police. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Leave a Reply

Okonjo-Iweala’s Brother, Ogwashi-Uku Monarch’s Convoy Attacked

Headlines

Ohanaeze Ndigbo demands apology, restitution from Bulkachuwa over alleged attack on Igbo

Categories

OPC to Fani Kayode: You are just a jobber lacking integrity

Browse Africa & World Politics

Featuring Top 3/2135 of Africa & World Politics

Browse National Politics

Featuring Top 5/1146 of National Politics

All eyes on INEC as Appeal Court upholds Oye, Soludo

Browse NNP Columnists

Featuring Top 10/1471 of NNP Columnists

Don’t vote for PDP, APC again; they have bad antecedents, former INEC Chairman, Prof. Attahiru Jega, warns Nigerians

Advertisements

--

FEATURED VIDEOS

Pastor Oyedepo sacks 40 plus pastors for failing to bring in sufficient offerings and tithe

ARCHIVES

January 2012
S M T W T F S
« Dec   Feb »
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031  

© 2021 New Nigerian Politics. All Rights Reserved. Log in - Designed by Gabfire Themes