Fire outbreak averted at Redeemer’s UniversityHeadlines Tuesday, June 5th, 2012
Lagos – What would have being a major fire disaster was on Tuesday averted at the Redeemer’s University on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
The fire which happened at about 7:00 a.m in one of the hostel rooms in Queen Esther Hall was caused by a spark from an air-conditioner.
As a result, there was apprehension among the female students in the hostel.
It was gathered that no property was lost as a result of the prompt and timely intervention of the institution’s Fire and Safety Department.
However, reacting to the incident, the Public Relations Officer of the school, Mr Akinlemi Omosola, confirmed that the fire emanated from an air-conditioner in one of the rooms in the female hostel.
Omosola said that the room was not occupied by any student at the time of the fire outbreak.
“The fire was immediately brought under control within minutes, with no loss of life or property.
“The vice chancellor personally coordinated the exercise to ensure that the situation was promptly brought under control.
“We wish to assure all friends of the institution that there is no cause for alarm in the halls of residence in the university and by the grace of God, we will do all within our power to ensure the safety of lives and property of students,’’ he said.
Omosola expressed regrets about the information being circulated in some mobile devices and other social media, as it relates to the incident. (NAN)
- Nigeria and Kenya to Collaborate Against Terrorism
- Canadian company writes FG over Amaechi’s jet – Investigation
- Police, SSS may withdraw Amaechi’s security aides
- Sidney Sam dumps Nigeria
- Rivers aircraft controversy: Govt officials express shock over company’s denial
Short URL: http://newnigerianpolitics.com/?p=21860