‘Obasanjo would have stopped Boko Haram’ – TellaBoko Haram, Olusegun Obasanjo (1976-79, 99-07), Presidency Wednesday, July 18th, 2012
July 18, 2012 by Simon Utebor
Founder, Ifeoluwa Mission, Rev. Tela Tella, said on Tuesday that Boko Haram assumed the monster it had become because President Goodluck Jonathan failed to apply the ruthlessness of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.
At a news conference, Tella, said the level the dreaded sect had got to could no longer be tackled by force but by persuasion and dialogue.
He said, “The mistake President Goodluck Jonathan made about Boko Haram was that he did not borrow from Obasanjo’s ruthlessness. Now, he has missed it; he cannot use force anymore.
“Applying force now is too late. There is already total confusion in his administration. Boko Haram is beyond him because he did not take action quickly.”
However, he said Jonathan was the Lord’s chosen and nothing anybody could do about it.
“It is true that Jonathan is not one of the most powerful persons that is supposed to lead the country. But who are you to oppose the Lord’s chosen? Majority of Nigerians voted for him, so that means God wants him there,”-Punch
- Boko Haram cowards escape, regroup in Adamawa mountains
- What do Hobby Bloggers say Today who made Obasanjo their Punching Bag? – By Frisky Larr
- Force will not stop Boko Haram — ACF (Yes it will, can dead men fight back?)
- Plateau residents in fear as soldiers pursue B’Haram
- Jesse Jackson backs amnesty for Boko Haram
Short URL: http://newnigerianpolitics.com/?p=23187