Jonathan’s wife takes oath as Perm Sec in BayelsaBayelsa, First Ladies, General Politics, Patience Jonathan, State News, Top Stories, Women Politics Saturday, July 21st, 2012
Mrs. Jonathan was sworn-in alongside 18 other persons amidst tight security in a ceremony that was held at the Banquet Hall in Yenagoa, the state capital.
The venue was a beehive as selected women groups trooped to the area chanting songs to welcome the President’s wife.
Mrs. Jonathan, who arrived about 12.40 pm, walked straight to the hall on red carpet laid in her honour.
While other nominated permanent secretaries were seated two hours before the event, Mrs. Jonathan arrived later accompanied by Dickson. Mrs. Jonathan, who beamed with smiles, was the first to be sworn in by the Chief Registrar of the state judiciary, Mr. Nekede Eradiri, about 12.50 pm.
The President’s wife, who has been described as a super permanent secretary, stood before the governor and took her oath, vowing to be just and fair in discharging her responsibilities in the state’s civil service.
While she stood alone to take her oath, others were called by Eradiri to stand for their inauguration in batches of six.
- NGF SHOWDOWN: Amaechi takes on Jang (When do they govern?)
- Mass Deportation of Nigerians from Lawless, Corrupt & Poverty Stricken Kenya – Tales of Abuse & Horror
- Niger Delta students shut down Abuja office of corrupt Niger Delta Minister, Elder Godsday Orubebe
- Clarifying Nigeria’s Debt Position – By Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
- Blind Prophet Timothy Obadare to be buried in gold-plated casket – Son
Short URL: http://newnigerianpolitics.com/?p=23241