‘Boko Haram’s plan is to Islamise Nigeria’Boko Haram, Latest Politics Friday, August 17th, 2012
The President, the Christ Apostolic Mission Church Worldwide, Pastor Adesoji Ajayi, has said that the Boko Haram sect’s plan was to Islamise the Northern part of Nigeria, naming it “The Islamic Republic of Nigeria.”
He said this at a news conference held to address the security crisis the country is experiencing, adding that, God revealed to him that the Boko Haram sect comprises people, who wanted to Islamise the Northern Nigeria.
According to him, the major financiers of the Boko Haram sect were definitely not Nigerians, but religious extremists outside the country, who represent an international organisation.”
He said, “most of the Northern elite and political leaders, including General Ibrahim Babangida and Major General Muhammed Buhari were not involved. They are only being watchful of their utterances for fear of being attacked by the extremists. General Buhari is merely a victim of his reckless utterances.
“The most difficult battle to fight is a religious one. The activities of the Boko Haram in some northern states are meant to harass Christians out of those states.”
He described Nigeria as a disaster waiting to happen, if the Boko Haram saga is not seriously and pragmatically addressed. “What we have in Nigeria now is unity in disunity and no longer unity in diversity,” he stated.
He called on the Federal Government to do more in the area of insecurity, lamenting that the unspeakable horrors being witnessed in Nigeria had traumatised everybody, adding, “we have a very close proximity to serious hostilities and anarchy.”
- FG uncovers 1,497 illegal border routes •Seeks US assistance •To deploy electronic surveillance equipment to borders
- Boko Haram: el-Rufai kicks against amnesty A •s Ajibola, Kanu, Agabi propose solution to corruption, insecurity
- FG needs $244m for border surveillance equipment (All of which will be stolen)
- FG releases N200bn for second quarter projects (This calls for another round of embezzlement)
- Boko Haram: 90 women, children to regain freedom
Short URL: http://newnigerianpolitics.com/?p=24105