2 Nigerians held for drug possession in IndiaAfrica, Headlines Friday, August 17th, 2012
Two Nigerians resident in Candolim town in the state of Goa in India are currently in trouble
with the law following illegal possession of narcotic/psychotropic drugs.
Reports say after a tip-off, the Calangute police conducted a raid that led to the arrest of
Ifeanyi Pascal Obi (26) and Emmanual Joshua (30).
Police said Mr Ifeanvi Pascal Obi, a resident of Candolim, was found in possession of cocaine
weighing 3gm, some cash and one cellphone. While Emmanual Joshua, 30, was found in
possession of 30gm of Charas, some cash and two cellphones.
Charas is a smuggled drug from Manila and Nepal and most favourite drug smoked in Goa,
Authorities believe Infeanyi and Obi are parts of large networks of drug dealers operating in
the Candolim area.
The two Nigerians have been charged with illegal possession of banned drugs under the
relevant sections of the state’s Narcotics, Drugs and Psychotrophic Substances Act.
- Nigerian army ‘destroys’ Boko Haram camps in north-east
- Warri-based bishop arrested over kidnapping
- Kano: Slain 40 police officers’ families cry out
- Court sentences man to death by hanging for stealing Jeep
- Boko Haram: el-Rufai kicks against amnesty A •s Ajibola, Kanu, Agabi propose solution to corruption, insecurity
Short URL: http://newnigerianpolitics.com/?p=24138