Congress of S/West youth condemns Boko Haram activitiesBoko Haram, Headlines, South-West Friday, August 17th, 2012
The Congress of South-West Youths has condemned the incessant attack on people and mosques in the northern part of the country by the Boko Haram sect, calling on the Federal Government to provide lasting solution to the mayhem now or lose its support at the South-Western region.
The president of the group, Mr Taiwo Ayedun made this declaration at a news conference in Lagos on Thursday, saying that the youth had endured the incessant killings of innocent people enough and would not hesitate to disown President Goodluck Jonathan for failing to address the situation.
He said that millions of youths massively voted for the president during the last presidential election, but were disappointed that the Jonathan-led administration could not find solution to the lingering crisis across the country.
Ayedun said: “Our group does not belong to any political party, but we will not like a situation where the lives of Nigerians are being politicised for selfish gains by politicians.”
Kunle Awosiyan, Lagos
- Nigerian army ‘destroys’ Boko Haram camps in north-east
- Warri-based bishop arrested over kidnapping
- Kano: Slain 40 police officers’ families cry out
- Court sentences man to death by hanging for stealing Jeep
- Boko Haram: el-Rufai kicks against amnesty A •s Ajibola, Kanu, Agabi propose solution to corruption, insecurity
Short URL: http://newnigerianpolitics.com/?p=24113