Jonathan to sign performance pact with ministersGoodluck Jonathan (2010-present), Presidency Friday, August 17th, 2012
PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan will, on the 22nd of this month, sign a Performance Agreement Contract with all ministers serving in his cabinet with a view to measuring their performance and enhancing the quality of service delivery to Nigerians.
The move could be one of the ways to put the ministers on their toes and ensure they deliver, as criticisms have mounted over the performance of the current administration.
It was gathered that the National Planning Commission (NPC) had already developed what was termed Key Performance Indicators for the various ministries, departments and agencies, which serve as guide in measuring their performance and output.
Already, the ministers had started signing similar agreements with the chief executives of agencies and parastatal agencies under their ministries.
Nigerian Tribune confirmed on Thursday that the Minister of Information, Mr Labaran Maku, had already signed the agreement with heads of agencies under the ministry.
During the signing, the minister disclosed that the initiative of the president was to ensure that bar was raised on quality of service delivery by his cabinet.
- On Buhari’s call for the President’s resignation
- What do Hobby Bloggers say Today who made Obasanjo their Punching Bag? – By Frisky Larr
- Military operations already yielding results – Presidency
- Abiola’s friendship with IBB, Abacha led to his death – Don
- Boko Haram takes war to Gen. Buhari’s doorsteps? The big question as bombs rain on Daura (Katsina)
Short URL: http://newnigerianpolitics.com/?p=24097