Corruption (Poem) – By Odimegwu OnwumereArticles, Columnists, NNP Columnists, Odimegwu Onwumere Saturday, March 18th, 2017
By Odimegwu Onwumere
We have become the haunted
In their elusive fight against corruption;
The corruption we did not elect them for,
Or they rigged themselves in to indulge?
Our wailing is deafening
And no parameter can measure our tears
Caused by their self-inflicted peril on us
As every commodity skyrockets in the mall
Just as money to have them saunters.
We watch them fight corruption
With our physique compressing in hunger
And they deafen our ears with white-lies
That we would soon get out of the self-inflicted peril
Whereas the hope they raise is nowhere in sight.
©Odimegwu Onwumere; March 18 2017.
- The Spirits of Our Ancestors – By Tochukwu Ezukanma
- Curbing Noise Pollution in Rivers State – By Arnold A. Alalibo
- The Evolution of Yemi Osinbajo – By Dr. Jideofor Adibe
- Gov Ugwuanyi and Enugu Workers – By Ugochukwu Ejinkeonye
- Messages of Ahiara – By Tochukwu Ezukanma
Short URL: http://newnigerianpolitics.com/?p=47618