Corruption (Poem) – By Odimegwu OnwumereArticles, Columnists, NNP Columnists, Odimegwu Onwumere Saturday, March 18th, 2017
By Odimegwu Onwumere
We have become the haunted
In their elusive fight against corruption;
The corruption we did not elect them for,
Or they rigged themselves in to indulge?
Our wailing is deafening
And no parameter can measure our tears
Caused by their self-inflicted peril on us
As every commodity skyrockets in the mall
Just as money to have them saunters.
We watch them fight corruption
With our physique compressing in hunger
And they deafen our ears with white-lies
That we would soon get out of the self-inflicted peril
Whereas the hope they raise is nowhere in sight.
©Odimegwu Onwumere; March 18 2017.
- Conflicts: Employing Non-Violent Approach – By Arnold A. Alalibo
- Still on the “Bastard” Loot at the Osborne Towers – By Olalekan Waheed Adigun
- No Thanks to Mago Mago – By Arnold A. Alalibo
- In the Year 2047 – By Dr. David Leffler
- Calls for the release of two journalists
Short URL: http://newnigerianpolitics.com/?p=47618