I’m in Port Harcourt prison for my post about pastor Ibiyeomie – Kemi Olunloyo, bloggerHeadlines, Oyo, Rivers, State News Saturday, March 18th, 2017
Journalist and blogger, Kemi Olunloyo, says she has been charged with cybercrime for her post about Pastor David Ibiyeomie.
Olunloyo, who was arrested by the police on Tuesday, said in an Instagram post that she was driven to Port Harcourt and detained in a prison there after the pastor complained that she had defamed him in the post.
She confirmed that she had posted a letter from one of Ibiyeomie’s church members, levelling allegations against the pastor.
Olunloyo said she was charged along with a Rivers State journalist, who “simply syndicated” her story, adding that she would remain in prison till March 23 when she would appear in court for another bail hearing.
Olunloyo, who is the daughter of a former governor of Oyo State, had on Tuesday alerted her followers that she was being arrested by the police.
- Cameroon ends internet shutdown on orders of President Paul Biya
- Niger gov lays claim to seized N6bn
- Things your spouse doesn’t need to know
- Buhari expresses shock over Calabar viewing centre tragedy
- Picture: Ugandan pastor burns thousands of members’ bibles, says its misleading
Short URL: http://newnigerianpolitics.com/?p=47632