Home » Boko Haram, Headlines » Chibok parents: We regret voting for Buhari

Chibok parents: We regret voting for Buhari

Chibok parents: We regret voting for Buhari

From Molly Kilete, Abuja

Tempers flared yesterday as security personnel prevented parents of the missing Chibok girls from accessing the Aso Rock Presidential Villa.
The protesting parents who had gone to the seat of government to present their of displeasure over what they described as lukewarm attitude of President Muhammadu Buhari towards rescuing the girls said they regretted voting for President Muhammadu Buhari.
The parents led by Reverend Enoch Mark, who incidentally has two of his daughters amongst the abducted girls, decried the poor communication attitude of the Presidency with the parents.
Reverend Mark, while lamenting that several parents of kidnaped girls have died due to emotional trauma, said many more parents were struggling to survive and send their wards to school.
Three years after the abduction, the parents said they would continue to embark on peaceful marches to the villa until they were granted audience by Buhari
At their resumed protest yesterday, a State House Security official received the parents and promised to pass their message across to the President. The official did not give his name.
“We are very sorry for giving Mr. President our votes. We voted Mr. President hoping he would rescue our daughters but we have become his enemy.Why can’t the President communicate with us, are we not Nigerians? Is that good for a president; a leader to show such attitude. We believe the President is against the Chibok Community,” Rev. Mark said.
They lambasted the Federal Government which they said have continued to send messages of consolation to countries hit by tragedies like plane crashes and earthquakes but failed to do same to the Chibok parents who have been deprived of their children in the last three years.
They equally questioned the capability of the government to rescue the girls, because according to them, none of the rescue made so far came from the government.
The #IMarchForChibokGirls to the State House began after the inaugural Chibok Girl’s Lecture last Friday, after two mothers of the missing girls who took part in the march, refused to stop at the usual entrance leading to the presidential villa, where the BBOG, group usually terminate their march but headed to the entrance of the State House until they were stopped by security personnel.
President of the Chibok Community in Abuja, Hosea Tsambido, said the parents would continue to engage in their peaceful march until the meet President Buhari.

Related Posts

EasyFreeAds Blog News Facebook Twitter Myspace Friendfeed Technorati del.icio.us Digg Google Yahoo Buzz StumbleUpon

Short URL: http://newnigerianpolitics.com/?p=47911

Posted by on Apr 18 2017. Filed under Boko Haram, Headlines. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Leave a Reply

Headlines

NNP BREAKING NEWS:

Categories

Browse Books & Magazines

Featuring Top 3/13 of Books & Magazines

Browse Corruption Politics

Featuring Top 3/86 of Corruption Politics

Oshiomhole’s wife, 334 other foreigners get Nigerian citizenship

Browse NNP Columnists

Featuring Top 10/1183 of NNP Columnists

Browse National Politics

Featuring Top 5/640 of National Politics

Must Read: 5 Tips to Help You Find a Job That You Really Want

--

FEATURED VIDEOS

SEARCH POSTS BY DAY & MONTH

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
123
4
5
6
7
8
910
11
1213
14
15
16
1718
1920
21
22232425
26
27282930
31

© 2017 New Nigerian Politics. All Rights Reserved. Log in - Designed by Gabfire Themes