Nigerians’ll discard generators soon – FG (And revert to candles & lanterns?)
Latest Politics Sunday, October 9th, 2011Vice President Namadi Sambo has assured Nigerians that the use of generators will soon become history in view of the huge investment of government in the power sector.
Sambo gave the assurance when members of the board and management of the Academy for Entrepreneurial Studies (AES) paid him a courtesy visit at the State House, Abuja.
He said adequate measures had been put in place by the Federal Government to ensure adequate power generation, transmission and distribution, noting that Nigerians had started witnessing improved electricity supply across the country.
According to him, only competent and reputable companies would be allowed to handle the nation’s power sector to ensure efficient and effective electricity supply.
“I want to assure you that we are doing everything to see that the power sector is handed over to competent, experienced companies that would be able to meet our objectives of ensuring that we have adequate power in this country.
“We have good management of our power system, and this issue of generators will soon be history. In this regard, we are doing everything to encourage the private sector.
-Sunwp_posts
Related Posts
- 2027: Tinubu worst President ever, North finished if he wins again – Baba-Ahmed
- Nigeria not a Muslim country – Rev Dachomo counters Sheikh Jingir
- Why we planned coup against Tinubu – Colonel Ma’aji, without legal counsel
- Four APC govs under scrutiny for ‘cheering’ Sheik Jingir during anti-Christian comment
- 2027: Kwankwaso blasts Islamic cleric over ‘infidels’ attack on Christians, says Kano rejects him
Short URL: https://newnigerianpolitics.com/?p=13712
































