Surprise: ‘Bombings meant to distract Jonathan’
Latest Politics Friday, September 9th, 2011
A former Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Prince Chibudom Nwuche, has said bombings across the country are meant to distract President Goodluck Jonathan.
He, therefore, called on Nigerians to rally round the President in his determination to transform the country.
He described as uncharitable attempts to evaluate Jonathan as a non- performer after his 100 days in the saddle as President.
Nwuche, who stated this at a press conference in Abuja on Thursday, also noted that the myriads of problems facing the country predated the present administration, submitting that President Jonathan had been making concerted efforts towards addressing them.
He alleged that recent assessment of his administration in the media as inefficient was being orchestrated by those who lost out in the power game in the country.
He said, “To speak sincerely, I think Mr. President has done very well. First of all, I don’t believe in measuring achievements in 100 days, I don’t think the exercise itself is useful or worthwhile, but somehow it has gained some acceptance in our polity—people would now say, we expect some things in your 100 days in office, as if it were some ritual that would indicate how well a government has been doing.”
-Punchwp_posts
Related Posts
- 2027: Tinubu worst President ever, North finished if he wins again – Baba-Ahmed
- Nigeria not a Muslim country – Rev Dachomo counters Sheikh Jingir
- Why we planned coup against Tinubu – Colonel Ma’aji, without legal counsel
- Four APC govs under scrutiny for ‘cheering’ Sheik Jingir during anti-Christian comment
- 2027: Kwankwaso blasts Islamic cleric over ‘infidels’ attack on Christians, says Kano rejects him
Short URL: https://newnigerianpolitics.com/?p=12438
































